Celebrate St. Patrick's Day With This Tasty Recipe: Sautéed Brussels Sprouts w/ Spicy Lamb
Serves: 4 | Prep time: 10 Minutes | Cooking time: 25 to 30 Minutes
- 1 lb lamb, diced in 1" cubes
- ½ lb brussel sprouts, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ cabbage, sliced
- 1 carrot, cut in 1" cubes
- 1 rosemary stalk
- 2 green chili peppers, chopped
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ inch ginger, finely grated
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp white cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp freshly chopped cilantro
- Add lamb and ½ cup of water in a saucepan. Season with salt and add rosemary stalk. Cover the lid and cook for about 15 minutes at high until the lamb is tender and water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Heat half of oil in a large frying pan and add onion. Saute for 2 minutes until translucent then add brussel sprouts, carrots and cabbage. Saute for 3 to 4 more minutes until the veggies are slightly cooked but still crisp.
- Add salt, black pepper, half of garlic, thyme and lemon juice. Cook for few more seconds with constant stirring then remove from heat.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and add remaining garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes. Saute for a few seconds then add lamb pieces. Continue to saute for 2 minutes with constant stirring until the lamb is fully coated with spices.
- Add white wine, soy sauce and season with black pepper. Again, saute for a few more seconds.
- Combine cornstarch and chicken broth, whisk well then add to lamb mixture. Continue stirring until the gravy thickens.
- Finally add ginger, green chili pepper and cilantro. Take out in a serving dish along with the veggies and serve hot with your favorite side dish.