Is it Time for a Cleanse?
You may experience certain things in your body that indicate it's time for a cleanse. Some major indicators are:
- Chronic fatigue. When getting out of bed in the morning feels like a chore, your energy levels are in need of a boost. Waking up should happen naturally in a healthy body.
- Strong cravings. If you experience frequent sugar or junk food cravings, something is out of balance. Sugar addiction is extremely common and often indicates unhealthy gut bacteria; however, sugar isn't something you should have or need every day.
- Digestive issues. When irregular BMs become the norm, your digestive system needs a reset. Constipation, diarrhea or fluctuations between the two are definite red flags.
- Difficulty losing weight or unnecessary weight gain. Is your body holding onto stubborn, excess weight? Do you easily gain weight without significant changes in your routine? This can be a sign of congestion in your digestive tract that needs to be flushed out.
- Unhealthy habits. If you are stuck in a routine of eating poorly, not getting exercise or enough sleep, too much partying, smoking, etc., a cleanse will help you eliminate these bad habits and replace them with healthy habits. The best part is that you won't miss your old habits because of how amazing you feel!
- Lack of motivation. If you feel unproductive, unambitious, uninspired or a general sense of sluggishness in your everyday life, a cleanse will kickstart drive for life. You will renew your energy and self-confidence and feel empowered to get sh*t done!
Cleansing does not always consist of juicing and/or fasting. If you're interested in learning about cleansing through whole foods, contact our nutrition coach here for a FREE consultation. Cleansing is designed to be a total mind/body reset and it's a perfect way to reevaluate your health habits and think about what kind of change you would like to see in your life. You will gain the tools you need to recharge your life!
Article provided by
AADP Certified Nutrition Coach