Add lamb and ½ cup of water in a saucepan. Season with salt and add rosemary stalk. Cover the lid and cook for about 15 minutes at high until the lamb is tender and water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
Heat half of oil in a large frying pan and add onion. Saute for 2 minutes until translucent then add brussel sprouts, carrots and cabbage. Saute for 3 to 4 more minutes until the veggies are slightly cooked but still crisp.
Add salt, black pepper, half of garlic, thyme and lemon juice. Cook for few more seconds with constant stirring then remove from heat.
Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan and add remaining garlic, cumin and red pepper flakes. Saute for a few seconds then add lamb pieces. Continue to saute for 2 minutes with constant stirring until the lamb is fully coated with spices.
Add white wine, soy sauce and season with black pepper. Again, saute for a few more seconds.
Combine cornstarch and chicken broth, whisk well then add to lamb mixture. Continue stirring until the gravy thickens.
Finally add ginger, green chili pepper and cilantro. Take out in a serving dish along with the veggies and serve hot with your favorite side dish.
Add turkey to slow cooker, then add salt, black pepper, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, oregano, sage, rosemary stem, ginger, coriander seeds, garlic mince and turkey gravy. Cover the lid and cook on low for 8 hours.
30 minutes before tcook time is done, heat oil in a pan and add onion, saute for 2 to 3 minutes until translucent. Then add green bell pepper, mushrooms, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and sugar. Again saute for 2 to 3 more minutes. Finally, add vinegar and remove from heat.
Bring to a boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan and add rice. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or until done.
Uncover the slow cooker, turn off and let turkey cool for about 10 minutes. Slice turkey and place atop of rice, then add prepared onion and mushroom mixture.
Garnish with fresh parsley and green chilis! Enjoy!
This week's newest recipe is a spin on the traditional blueberry muffin, except for a few minor changes, NO FLOUR or added preservatives. Below you will find the recipe to this delicious mouthwatering dish using only 6 ingredients. Be sure to post your pictures of this recipe on our Facebook page!
Prep Time: 5 Min | Cook Time: 14-16 Min | Servings: 24
1. Pour rice in a saucepan, add 1 cup water and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Once boiling stir, lower heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for around 35 minutes, there should be minimal liquid left, but still a little.
2. Heat up 1 tbsp coconut oil in skillet at high heat, add in the garlic and jalapeño, begin to brown. Add rice to jalapeño garlic mixture when you see the first bits of chicken browning, cook for a few minutes then add in the cilantro and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
3. While rice is cooking heat a skillet on medium high heat with remaining coconut oil, and add in chicken. Once the chicken is browned add in the chili powder, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve atop rice.
Prep: Mix together egg, oil and vanilla extract, whisk well until smooth. Mix all of the dry ingredients including raisins separately then combine to the wet ingredients. Mix well until fully combined. Set in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
Take out the dough from refrigerator and make small balls. flatten each ball then place in a greased baking sheet.
Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
Take out of the oven and leave until cool, for about 5 minutes then take out in a serving dish and enjoy.
- 3 whole eggs
- 6 slices low fat pepperoni thick, sliced
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, diced
- 3 large black olives, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat pan over medium high heat and add in the pepperoni and the garlic, sear the pepperoni and the garlic, remove from heat and set aside.
2. Grab a bowl and whisk your 3 eggs.
3. Reheat the pan, the residue oil from the pepperoni should be enough, but if necessary add the olive oil.
4. Once the pan is hot enough pour in your whisked eggs and let cook for a few seconds, until you see the edges beginning to cook and firm up. Move the eggs so that the raw eggs can flow onto the hot skillet and cook, don't actually scramble the eggs just kind of pull the cooked ones to the center.
5. While still semi-soft in the center add the pepperoni/ garlic mix, pepperoni, tomato, black olives, oregano, and cheese, allow to cook a few more seconds, until it appears to be firm and the bottom is getting golden.
6. Fold over and slide onto the plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Mix the potatoes, garlic, red onion, rosemary and half the olive oil together.
Heat the pan to high and add in some olive oil. Press in the potato mixture. Lower the heat to medium high heat, and allow the potatoes to cook until the potatoes begin to look clear and the bottom gets browned. Flip over and cook the other side.
While the second half is browning crack the 2 eggs beside and begin to fry.
Slide onto the plate, drizzle malt vinegar over the potatoes, and sprinkle both with salt and pepper to taste.
* If you have a George Foreman grill, you should definitely use it. Hash browns come out amazing!
BLUE CHEESE VEGGIE BURGER with Mushrooms & Avocado (Serves 2)
6 Leaves of Lettuce
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 teaspoons chopped garlic
1 (15.25-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 Cup of Mushrooms
1 oz of Bleu Cheese or Crumbles
1 teaspoon grated lime rind
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
Place one hamburger bun torn into pieces in a food processor; process 4 times or until crumbs measure about 1 cup. Transfer to a bowl.
Combine 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and beans in processor; pulse 8 times or until beans make a thick paste. Scrape bean mixture into bowl with breadcrumbs. Stir in rind and remaining ingredients. With moistened hands, divide bean mixture into 4 equal portions (about 1/3 cup mixture per portion), shaping each into a 3-inch patty.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. I am a big fan of non-stick ceramic pans. Add patties to pan; reduce heat to medium, and cook 4 minutes or until bottom edges are browned. Carefully turn patties over and add sliced mushrooms. Cook 3 minutes or until bottom edges are done.
Toast buns and slice the avocado. A 'less-mess' trick is to slice the avocado in half, then slice the avocado meat in pieces while it's in the shell before you scoop it out.
Plate with lettuce first, then mushrooms, blue cheese and avocado. As with all good foods, add a small dose of Sri-Racha.
Guest Food Blogger Evan, a notorious foodie and accomplished entrepreneur, was elated to guest blog and provide us a tasty new spin on the Blue Cheese Veggie Burger.
For many years Evan has enjoyed cooking hearty meals and one of his favorites is the timeless American burger. This blue cheese burger recipe has one spicy touch, Sri-Racha, which makes everything better!
Get the 2020
Read on for helpful tips, recipes and how-to's so you can maintain a healthy and active lifestyle!
We created 2020 Meals to better ourselves and our community. Our plan helps to save time & waste nothing while providing 3 healthy, flavorful, recipes a day with 20 core ingredients per week. This helps our members save time in the kitchen and money on groceries while keeping up with their active, healthy lifestyles! View our membership options to find which best fits your needs. Learn More
Get the Latest on 2020
7711 O'Connor Drive, Suite 413 Round Rock, TX 78681